Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter and the big spend

So last weekend was Easter, and as good bunnies do the Easter Bunny came to my house. I love my kids, most mom's do, but lets not forget that a little goes a long way. I decked out 5 Easter Baskets for under a hundred dollars, including candy AND baskets. Here are some of my simple tips. Know your audience (and mine was pretty wide.) I have a seven year old, a five year old and a one year old, not to mention myself and a friend. I went light on the candy and bought a dvd  for everyone (except the seven year old) The dvd's were five dollars at Walmart. I left the candy till the last minute, why, because it gets marked down, way down. I also put a small (under ten dollars) toy in each basket, and rather than buy individual candy I broke up big packs. For my seven year old it was gamestop all the way, using my power up card I got two Nintendo DS games for twelve dollars and a third one FREE, the third one I kept for me. And of course everyone got a bunny, because it isn't Easter till you have had your bunny ear for breakfast.

The most important thing I did to save money was skipping out on the junk in my baskets. I don't buy fancy Easter grass, or little plastic eggs. Like wise I got ice cream pail style "baskets" because your kids hate those evil splinter giving wicker ones. Look forward to my nifty easter leftover recipes this week too.

No comments:

Post a Comment